you may want to know how to make Momo .Momo Recipe is a different item of recipe . Steamed Momos from the east Indian state of Sikkim are delicious and easy on the conscience. You can fill them with any meat of your choice. Momos are basically served with fiery Sikkimese tomato chutney and a clear soup called Thukpa. Fully instructions are below to make Momo recipe… Looking for how to make Momo Recipe read below
- 2 cups flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 kg pork mince
- 1 large onion chopped very fine
- 7 10 cloves of garlic chopped very fine
- 4 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsps vegetable or canola or sunflower cooking oil
- Mix the flour and salt for taste and add a little water at a time to make a stiff dough.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till translucent. Give the garlic and fry till its color begins to turn golden.
- Add the meat and brown.
- Add the soy and chilli sauces and mix properly.
- Add the freshly ground pepper, salt for taste and cook till the pork is done.
- Divide the dough in same sized balls and roll into very thin circles of roughly 4″ diameter.
- Dab a tiny bit of water on the edges of circle. Put a tablespoon full of pork in the centre of each circle. Fold the edges over the pork then pinch and twist to seal or fold the Momo in half (into a semi-circular shape) and pinch the edges shut. To get as creative as you like with shapes, as long as you make sure to seal edges well.
- Place the Momos in a dish and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Now serve piping hot with tomato achaar and Thukpa.