Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor is what you’d get if you took out potatoes from an Aloo Paratha and substituted rich, white, slightly-salted paneer instead. For those not in the know, Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor is simply Indian flat bread stuffed with cottage cheese. Sounds yummy, right? The Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor is indeed so delicious, people eat Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor for breakfast, include Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor in their lunch boxes, and even eat Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor as a snack . how to make paneer paratha recipe read below
What gives this Paneer Paratha recipe, a specialty made by Indian chef Sanjeev Kapoor, a distinct taste is the paneer. Paneer is a basic ingredient in Indian cooking; it is also a staple in the dishes of other countries, and can be used from salads, main courses and even dessert. Thanks to paneer, India produced such a delectable dish as the Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor.
1 cup wheat flour
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
2 pieces green chilies, finely chopped
½ cup paneer/cottage cheese, hand crushed
¼ cup coriander/cilantro leaves
¼ teaspoon carom seeds/ajwain
1 teaspoon oil
Salt, according to taste
- Hand-crush or grate some paneer until you obtain half a cup of powdered or fine little shavings of paneer.
- In a bowl, mix crushed/powdered paneer with all the ingredients listed above except ghee and flour. Put salt according to taste; you can also make the Paneer Paratha recipe Sanjeev Kapoor spicier by adding some more chopped chilies.
- In a separate bowl, combine water and wheat flour, and prepare smooth dough as you would for chapatti: Set the dough on a lightly-greased surface, and knead with both hands for a few minutes until well-mixed and soft. Keep aside for half an hour. By the end of it the dough should be soft and elastic, not sticky.
- Take a small portion of the dough, make a small ball and roll it out like chapatti using a rolling pin. Repeat the process until you run out of dough. The Paneer Paratha recipe Sanjeev Kapoor should be round, flat and thin.
- In the middle of each flattened dough, add a little paneer filling, at least 2 tablespoons. Gather the edges of the paratha and bring them together, pinching to seal the paratha shut.
- Gently flatten the paratha into thin, round pieces like chapatti, using a rolling pin, taking care for the filling to remain inside.
- Place the paneer paratha on a tawa pan over medium heat. Add ghee and heat until the paneer paratha turns golden brown. Repeat the process for other dough balls. The paneer paratha will turn golden brown once cooked.
Now your Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor is ready! For a more awesome dining experience, Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor can be served with curd (add chat masala for taste) or with chutney. Indulge now into your own Paneer Paratha recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor.