Undhiyu recipe is a well-known and popular and also traditional dish for Gujaratis.Traditionally, Surti Undhiyu is sauteed in associate earthen pot. The spices are ready and stuffed into some vegetables whereas some vegetables are cut and mixed with spices then placed on a banana leaf within the pot creating it a little bag or the vegetables are wrapped with leaves and unbroken during a pot. Mango leaves is placed on the vegetables and also the mouth of the pot is sealed with dough. the bottom is mamma to form a hole within which a fireplace is formed then the pot full of vegetables is turned the other way up over it. ‘Undhiyu’, the word suggests that inverted. The vegetables within the pot are allowed to cook for 1-2 hours on a coffee flame. Once roasted the vegetables are aloof from the pot and served hot.Undhiyu is served with condiment mixed with sev. Undhiyu may also be ingested along with flatbread, paranthas or puri. These days, Undhiyu is sauteed on the gas employing a implement with a thick base. Looking for “how to make Undhiyu recipe” read below
1. 2 large Potatoes,2 inch cubes
2. 400 grams Purple Yam (kand),2 inch cubes
3. 1 cup Fresh pigeon peas (kacha tuvar)
4. 1 cup split Surti papdi
5. 1 cup split with steam intake Brinjals
6. 2 2 inch pieces Raw bananas
7. 1/2 cup finely chopped Fresh green garlic
8. 1 cup chopped Fresh coriander leaves
9. 1 cup crushed Fresh green peas
10. 1 cup scraped Coconut
11. 2 tablespoons Green chilli paste
12. 2 tablespoons Sugar
13. 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
14. 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
15. Salt to taste
16. Oil to deep fry
17. 1 teaspoon Carom seeds (ajwain)
For Muthiya :
1. 1 cup Whole wheat flour (atta)
2. 1/4 cup Gram flour (besan)
3. 1/2 cup Fenugreek leaves (methi),finely chopped
4. 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
5. 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
6. 1 teaspoon sugar
7. salt to taste
Cooking Method :
1. To make muthiyas, combine all the ingredients and 3 tablespoons of oil into a stiff dough.
2. Divide into tiny parts and form every into one-inch long half-inch thick rolls. Heat decent oil during a kadhai and french-fry the muthiyas on medium heat until burnt through and lightweight golden.
3. Drain associate degrees place on an absorbent paper and put aside. within the same oil gently fry the potatoes and purple yam severally until lightweight golden. Drain associate degrees place on an absorbent paper and put aside.
4. For the stuffing combine along green garlic, coriander leaves, green peas, coconut, green chili paste, a pinch of sugar, juice, ginger paste and salt during a bowl. Stuff a number of this stuffing mixture into the slits of brinjals and raw banana items.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil left once deep sauteing. Add ajwain and sauté. Add leela tuvar and surti papdi and stir. Add a cup of water and salt, cowl and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Open the lid and sprinkle slightly of the stuffing mixture. Place the brinjals during a layer over this. Sprinkle slightly of the stuffing mixture over this too.
6. Place the raw banana items during a layer and yet again sprinkle a number of the stuffing mixture.
7. Over this place a layer of the deep-fried potatoes and purple yam and sprinkle the remaining stuffing mixture. Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil all around and over the highest. Toss gently. cowl and cook on terribly low heat for 10 minutes.
8. Open the lid and place the muthiyas, cowl yet again associate degrees cook on terribly low heat for concerning an hour or until all the vegetables area unit fully done and soft. 9. Now Serve hot with puris.