Veg pulao recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor is an Indian dish that is very good for the health. Made with at least five types of vegetables, you can even add more kinds of veggies like cauliflowers and beans to make your Veg Pulao recipe, created by master chef Sanjeev Kapoor, even richer. how to make Veg Pulao recipe
- 1 cup drained basmati rice, washed and soaked in cold water for about 15-20 minutes
- 1 pack of assorted frozen vegetables, OR: 1 finely chopped carrot, 1 finely chopped potato, 1 finely chopped cabbage, ½ cup of green peas, and 2 pieces tomatoes, washed, skinned and chopped
- 2 cloves
- 2 badi/moti elaichi (black cardamom)
- 2-3 choti elaichi (green cardamom)
- 2-3 peppercorns
- 1? cinnamon stick, broken into 2
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp each cumin powder, coriander powder and chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large casserole, over medium high heat.
- Add the cloves, badi elaichi, choti elaichi, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all vegetables, and cook until the veggies are half-cooked (softened, but crunchy-looking). Add the soaked rice and cook for five minutes, stirring constantly to avoid the rice underneath the casserole from burning.
- Add water, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder and chili powder. Bring to a boil, and then add ghee. After five minutes, reduce the heat to medium. Cover the casserole and cook, until rice is done and water is evaporated.
- Serve your Veg Pulao recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor hot, with yogurt or raita for the best dining experience. Now get your best pot and start making your own Veg Pulao recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor!